Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sweet Innocence

I got Tivo for my b-day. Doug has been working on setting it up, so that I can watch my favorite shows when it's convenient, and not right at my kids' bedtime, or whatever. But Monday night, before it was working, Emily was watching a little snippet of a dancing show with me. The judges told one dancing couple that they "had great chemistry together."

During the commercial break, Emily asked me, "So Mom, those two dancers knew each other in high school?"

"No, they just met for this show," I answered.

She was still uncertain. "But they said they had chemistry together."

That made me laugh. She's so innocent!

Have you seen that commercial (those of you who haven't recently had the ability to skip them with a DVR) about how kids don't understand the concept of germs? Well, Hannah could fit in with them. She was pulling strawberries out of the fridge (she loves those berries!) and was ready to pop one in her mouth, when Doug suggested that she wash it first, because she wouldn't want to eat any germs. She was too eager to eat it, though. She said, "Dad, I don't need to wash it, because I can just wash it in my mouth." Yeah, she doesn't get it.

On Monday I learned something I didn't know before: Did you know that you can see baby hair in an ultrasound image? Yep, it's true. Just as I expected, this baby is not going to be a bald one!

3 comments:

Gerb said...

I love the berry washing and chemistry comments. I need to pay more attention to the funny things my kids say so I will have some record of them.

What else did you find out at your ultrasound?

Clark and Liesel said...

Your girls are so cute! Out of the mouth of babes! I worry that when I am a parent I will not know what to say when my kids ask me those types of questions! It's funny to see the thought process kids go through with different things, isn't it?

I too am anxious to hear how your last ultrasound went! How is little Olivia? We need some details!! :)

Suzanne said...

It looks like Katelyn is going to be as tall as you very soon. What beautiful girls. I am glad that Olivia is not too big. Hopefully, that will make the process easier.
Suzanne