Yesterday's dinner conversation centered on funny memories and family stories. Katelyn was recounting the sad tale of our first parakeet, Lucky Buns Larson. Doug insisted that we had the bird for half a year before his untimely demise, but I was positive it was only one month. So we made a little wager: If Lucky lived in our house less than two months, then I get the week off of making dinner. That's how sure we both were of our positions. Doug had only his (faulty) memory to back him up, but I had the proof! I went and got the "Book of Family Records" (which is a collection of weekly e-mails I sent to family for several years), and was able to prove that we brought Lucky home on January 6th, and he died on February 11th--one month later.
I wonder what we'll be eating for dinner this week? Cold cereal is just fine with me. Or take-out! :)
Sweet, sweet victory!
1 comment:
I don't know if Allen would follow through on a deal like that. Plus, he's always right, so even if I had written proof, I probably would have recorded it incorrectly somehow. Good for you though! Enjoy a week off!
Post a Comment