Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Shower Power


After having a lousy, feeling-sorry-for-myself kind of day, I wasn't feeling very excited about attending my own baby shower. I had been resisting the idea for months, but my friends (thank goodness for good friends!) insisted. Well, now I'm glad they did, and I'm glad I went, because the shower really changed my mood and thoughts for the better. I wish I had taken my camera, so I could brag about the cute decor and yummy food, and show off my nice local friends to my distant blog readers. (I may get pics from the hostess later, and if so, I'll add them to this post.) But for now, just look at how spoiled this baby will be:

Gotta Love Girls!!!

4 comments:

Gerb said...

One word: jealous.

And, on a somewhat related topic, do they sell a cleaner called "Shower Power" in your neck of the woods? Because they stopped selling it here and we love the stuff.

Rebecca said...

Gerb,

I have some of that cleaner in my house still, but I don't know how long I've had it. (I tend to build up collections of cleaning solutions...) I'll have to check it out next time I'm in that aisle. Now you've got me curious! The cleanser I miss for cleaning my shower is the old X-14. It was some really powerful stuff!

Anonymous said...

I see pink lint in your future. I never knew lint could be pink until I saw your dryer! Glad you had fun and that you are feeling a little better!
-Kaelyn

Sara said...

I received some of the same clothes for Calla at my shower, no joke. Maybe if the sizes work out, we can call each other and dress our girls in the same thing on the same day. Wouldn't that be fun? To bad we don't live closer. I'm glad you gave in and enjoyed your shower. Every baby and mom deserves it.