Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes...


Night before last, I had some great sleep. I even had a few dreams. (And then I woke up and wondered why I never dream about this baby. *Read about the last dream I had regarding this baby at the end of this post!) So, after a night of satisfying sleep, why was I feeling so tired yesterday?

After picking up Lauren from school, Hannah (who was unusually crabby, for some reason) and I took a nap together. She doesn't normally take an afternoon nap anymore, but once in a while, she needs one. However, whenever she does take a nap, we can be sure that she won't be tired at bedtime. And that means that she stays up until I go to bed, and then she wants to sleep on my bedroom floor. I don't mind that, as long as the only bedmate I have is my husband. No babies or kids allowed in my bed. I need my space!

Well, I wasn't totally surprised that after one night of happy sleep followed by an afternoon nap, I had a hard time sleeping last night. Doug and I were both half-awake early this morning when Hannah started giggling in her sleep, making both of us giggle, too.

At breakfast this morning, Doug asked Hannah if she had funny dreams last night. She said, "Not funny, just good dreams." Doug was prodding her to tell us all about her dreams, but she refused. Finally she explained to him, "If I tell you, then it won't come true." (And she hasn't even watched Cinderella for quite a while. Right now, her movie of choice every day is Enchanted.)

Hannah and I found this gorgeous "Giselle" dress on clearance at Target the other day. And it even has sleeves!

Thank you, Disney, for turning our daughter into the princess she believes herself to be.



*So, several months ago, early on in this pregnancy, I had a dream in which I was shown just one ultrasound picture, and it was the famous gender shot, showing a girl. I looked at it for a minute, and then I argued, "No, that's not my baby. I haven't had my ultrasound yet." But I thought about that dream at Christmas time when I saw that very familiar ultrasound image, and I had to laugh at myself. I love my girls!!! P.S. I don't think I told anyone about that dream, and guess what--it came true! Maybe Hannah (and Cinderella) know more than we give them credit for.

P.P.S. I realize that I have more to say about Hannah than her sisters, and I know I need to balance that out. But a)3-year-olds are just funny, and b)Hannah and I are alone together half of each day. I'm really not trying to play favorites!

2 comments:

Gerb said...

That is so sweet! Herbie also laughs and talks in his sleep. From what we hear him say, his dreams are usually about Thomas the Train or me. Isn't being a mom rewarding?

simplysarah said...

No worries about saying more about Hannah right now. These are the last few months of her life that that will ever be true...then there will be a new youngest in the family...;)