What do you get when, in an effort to combine Spring Cleaning with "Nesting" and getting ready for baby's arrival, you clean out every closet, sort through every bin of clothing, get out some spring clothes and pack away all the snow clothes?
Answer: The biggest snow storm of the year. Yes, in the second half of April. You know what that means...unpack the snow clothes, and add a couple loads of wet laundry to my Saturday To-Do List.
This week I've been spending some time every day trying to get things settled and organized. I feel like we just moved, although we're in the same house. Last weekend, my sister Jen moved out of our house (where she's been living for the past 6 months) and into an apartment with friends. (By the way, Jen's b-day is 10 days before mine, and I think it would be lovely if this baby's birthday was 10 days after mine...but I don't have high hopes for that.) Jen's move started a chain of events involving moving girls and furniture around the house, trying to make a space for the new baby.
One example:
<-Before After->
You might say that unpacking has become my pre-birth ritual. Two weeks before Emily was born, we moved into our first home in Provo. One month before Hannah's birth, we moved ourselves from our rental house to our home here, and I spent the end of that pregnancy getting settled into this home. I feel like I'm doing that all over again now, three-and-a-half years later. The good news is, I have plenty to keep me busy while I'm counting down the final days of pregnancy. The bad news is, the moving process has never sent me into early labor before, and I doubt anything new will happen this time.
But no matter how soon this baby is born, I will be grateful that it's another girl. Today I was asked to teach Katelyn's Primary lesson, and she is in a class with several 11-year-old boys. At this age, girls are definitely easier to handle. I'm positive that will not remain true during the next several years. But for today, thank goodness for my girls!
2 comments:
The room looks great! We still don't have a sleeping space ready for this kid, but I'm pretty sure Allen will take care of that while I'm in the hospital.
And...my oldest boy, whom I love very much, brings me to tears at least twice a week because he is a teenager and I am overly-sensitive (aka: pregnant) but I wonder if it would be the same, had he been born female.
Please give us a call when you head for the hospital so we can be a part of the excitment!
Mom L.
Post a Comment