Until yesterday.
For Hannah's last day before school, I took her and Olivia to a nearby "farm" to see the animals. During our tractor ride, she and I both got quiet. We both were thinking about Hannah starting school. I was feeling nostalgic, but Hannah was starting to feel nervous. She had to fight back tears a few times that day. She had a hard time going to sleep last night. She told me she was just going to miss me.
This morning, Hannah woke up and stretched, and announced, "First day of kindergarten," followed by, "Hey, guess what: Last night I was nervous, but now I'm just excited again."
She got ready for school. We curled her hair.
I pulled Olivia and Hannah to the school in the bike trailer.
When Hannah found her classroom door and lined up, so did Liv.
Then the bell rang and it was time for the kindergarteners to head into the school. And Hannah got quiet and thoughtful again.
I saw her bite her bottom lip. I wanted to cry for her! I tried to be brave. I gave her a big smile and a little kiss.
And then she was off.
When kindergarten ended for the day, I picked up a smiling girl. The first thing she told me was, "Guess what, Mom. I made a friend."
Day 2 of Kindergarten: Hannah wakes up and says, "I can't wait for first grade! It's going to be awesome!"
7 comments:
She is so cute, I hope she gets used to Kindergarten soon. Owen is going through the same emotions. I'm sure she will make LOTS of friends - she is just too fun not to. -Kaelyn
As I was driving past an elementary school the other day, I got a little teary eyed thinking about Maybree's first day of school. What a sweet little girl Hannah is! She looks adorable!! I agree with Kaelyn, she will make lots of friends!
This post tugged at my heartstrings. What a cutie! I love that you have such a tender relationship with your little girls!
Herbie's 1st day was rough but the rest have been awesome. He just had to get past the idea of riding home on the bus. Now, as long as they have a snack and recess (the only things he will ever tell me about) it's a great day to be a kindergartner. I'm glad your cute Hannah is past the nervousness now, too. It's almost harder on the parents than the kids, don't you think?
Too darn cute! Love the sweet, tender relationship you have with your girls (at least most of the time :) ). Makes me proud to be your mother!
I still get that "first day of school knot in your stomach" feeling. Seeing those pictures makes me feel sad. They grow up WAY TOO FAST!!! She is darling and you are such a good mom.
Oh my gosh, she is precious! And I love how tenderhearted she was towards leaving you and going to school. It is such a big hard step for us mama's. I totally dread it, and my next one will leave me and not even look back, she is driven by social and loves people.
I love the pictures. :)
Post a Comment