Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 1

Last year, I had four girls in four different schools, on four different daily schedules.

This year will be much simpler.  Still three different start and end times, but only two different schools.  I consider this a huge improvement.

These three head out the door at the same time in the morning.




The first day of school is not bad.  I was ready, and so were the girls.  It's the second day that I'm already starting to dread.  Even worse, the second month of school.  Once the newness wears off, and the mornings are frosty, and the sun barely rises before the girls have to be out the door...that's when this back to school stuff gets hard.

On the bright side: I cleaned up my kitchen after breakfast this morning, and it actually stayed that way for most of the day! 

And then I was happy to spend time in there making our traditional First Day After-School Snack: chocolate chip cookies.

3 comments:

Gerb said...

Cutest girls! And hooray for 2 schools - we're in the same boat this year and it is SUCH a better deal!

Andrea said...

I think chocolate chip cookies should be an everyday after school snack!

Anonymous said...

Cute girls!...How was Hannah's first day? -Kaelyn