We've been hooking up the video cameras and watching old family footage. It has been a good way to spend some quiet time to end a Sunday. All the girls love to see themselves "when they were little", and it makes us all feel a little bit more loving towards each other when we remember the good times.
I love re-living the cute little dancing and laughing and little bitty girl voices. Even messes are sort of cute, on video.
Last night I watched Olivia's birth day. One thing about a planned c-section is that it's much better for video. Doug had nothing else to do, and there's not so much concern about recording things you don't really want to be viewed by other people. I could watch that video over and over and never get tired of it.
But no, I couldn't do that over and over again. ;)
4 comments:
I thought that was going to be an announcement at first. I was thinking - HOLY SMACKEREL! I'm contagious!
One of our favorite family videos is Little Allen reading a book. He has the cutest little squeaky third-grader voice! And our first Christmas in our house here where wide-eyed Elle is excited over every gift, even socks.
We pulled out some old family video's last night too! It just seems like that is what you are supposed to do on a Sunday evening. That or go on a walk...and it is WAY too hot outside to go on a walk here. Yea for family video's!
A family tradition carried on! (a mighty fine tradition, I might add)
Oh my gosh that is so fun and totally reminds me of when we used to do that together with our families growing up, with the old film strips. did we watch them outside? For some reason I have a memory of us on your grass?? Maybe I'm losing my mind. of course I knew that!
Post a Comment