Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Perspective

I've noticed lately that Doug grimaces when he sees pictures of himself like this one:

He doesn't like to see his changing hairline.

However, as I was straightening the shelves today, I stopped to look through an old photo album, and I think I've found a way to convince him that losing his hair is not such a disgrace.

I can see how a boy who is born with hair like this could take pride in it.



But this is not the first time Doug has cringed at his hairstyle.  He recalls his dad's favorite method as the bowl cut. 

In his memory, those cuts were embarassing.  So as soon as Doug was capable of taking care of his own hairstyling, he took the task very seriously.

Not even a body cast could stop him from taming his locks.

Take a look at some of these pictures, where I suppose Doug thought his hair was looking good!

"The Butt Part"


"No, there's nothing in your teeth.  But what's that in your hair?"



"Is that a mullet???"
So anyway, Doug, I'm thinking it could be worse.  Maybe bald[ing] ain't so bad!

To be fair...I've had some bad hair myself.




And even with my own history of bad bangs,

I guess I'd be pretty upset if mine started to fall out.

But on Doug, I don't really mind.

 Love you, honey!

6 comments:

Clark and Liesel said...

Those pictures are great! Loved looking at them. Clark says he remembers the picture of Doug in front of the wood pile. :)

Rebecca, "I like your bangs!" Glad I am not the only one who had some serious bangs back in the day.

Anonymous said...

Thank's Rebecca. Always glad to see embarassing pictures posted for all our loved ones to see.

Just a side note, you'll notice that I'm sitting in a director's chair in my mullet due. That's one of the props available when I got my picture taken at "Glamor shots by Deb".

Remember, turn around is fair play.

Anonymous said...

The Butt Part is my favorite shot - great pose and everything :) Just today Riley was looking for something in the storage room and found a box with all my old school pictures (class pictures K-6 and my High School yearbooks). He and Davis laughed and laughed and laughed at how funny I looked. He even said, "this was even when you were trying to look good for pictures, right?" They didn't care for my hair in any of the shots. Fun to look back at old pictures. -Kaelyn (this might be my longest comment ever, sorry for going off on my own story, but it happened today so it was funny to read this related post!!)

Kara said...

I could post pictures right along those lines as well-the bangs and yes, a girls version of the mullet! Ah.. memories for better or worse.

Laura Hyde said...

That was a hilarious post :) That was good of you to be fair

Tane and Angela said...

haha..cute post...you could always just shave it like josephs?