Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Seventeen Days To a 5K

Woke up at 6:00 a.m.  Something's wrong, Part I: The sky is still dark.  I should be sleeping.

Put on my "athletic shoes," which have actually served as my "mowing the lawn shoes" for the past few years.  Something's wrong, Part II: I need some real running shoes.  Without the bonus feature of ancient grass clippings tickling my toes.

Went to the Rec Center track with Doug.  Something's wrong, Part III: Fourteen laps for each mile?!  Fourteen?!  How am I supposed to remember which lap I'm on, plus remember to breathe and try not to trip on my own shoelaces?  Need a bigger track.

Lap 7.  Half a mile down.  Something's wrong, Part IV: Time to hit the Ladies' Room for a potty break.  (Faulty bladder=Lifetime reminder of childbirth x5.)

One mile later (3/4 jogging, 1/4 walking), it's time to head home.  Feeling good.  Showered and dressed, making breakfast: Fried eggs and toast for the girls, and leftover Chocolate Lava Cake for myself.
Nothing wrong with that!

Find out about my upcoming 5K by clicking here.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Yummmmmmmmm! Chocolate lava cake sounds like my kind of dessert!

Gerb said...

GO Rebecca!! I am curious if/how you know the gal that the benefit 5K is for. Sounds like a worthwhile cause & a good excuse to get moving, too.

Oh, and p.s. Chocolate cake is always an acceptable breakfast.

Rebecca said...

Gerb,

She and I grew up in the same stake. (That's the short answer.)

Kara said...

Don't you love the personal reminder of having children. Looks like a great cause and I'm very impressed with you since I know you don't like running. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Good job!!! Need that recipe!