Friday, September 24, 2010

Giddy About Girls


Girls are so darn cute!




When we first moved into this house, Doug and I were immediately asked to be the Webelos leaders.  Shocking, right?!  I thought so.  After all, one of the perks of having zero sons is that I don't shouldn't have to be involved with Cub Scouts! 

Well, it didn't take long for that mistake to be corrected.  After just a few months, I was released (and relieved), and put in my proper place: with the girls!  I have loved being an Activity Days leader.

Tonight was the climax of my work so far: a Daddy-Daughter dance.  I have been so excited for this, and looking forward to it for months.  I am so happy with the way our "Fall Ball" turned out.  It's always a hectic day when you have to pull off this sort of event, but I really enjoyed it all.  We decorated with fall decor from our own homes (I may have purchased one or two things to add to my meager collection); we served easy finger foods (I did the Sister's Cafe Saucy Meatballs - yum!); we got to know our girls and their dads (plus a few grandpas & big brothers) better; and we danced!

Emily helped me make these easy flower clips


that we turned into corsages for the dance. 


This is my kind of crafting!  Inexpensive, quick, and easily made with no complicated tools to invest in. 

But my favorite part of it all was watching Doug and Lauren's date.   

Pretty easy on the eyes, right?  And they both have great personalities to boot!

I had twisted and pinned Lauren's hair into a fancy dance 'do.  But by the end of the night, all that dancing had left her with just a simple pony tail!   After the girls had gone home, and the leaders were cleaning up, one of them commented on all the hair pins she was sweeping up.  I had to tell her those were probably all Lauren's!

6 comments:

Kara said...

Somehow I had missed or forgotten you are an activity days leader. It truly is a lot of fun. It looks like you had a great evening and I love the flower corsages!

Anonymous said...

I remember going to "daddy-daughter" activities - fun. Good job pulling it all together! -Kaelyn

Andrea said...

That looks like so much fun! I have great memories of Daddy/ Daughter Dates!

Laura Hyde said...

That is soooooo awesome! I hope I remember how cool that was if I ever have a calling like that...not asking for it, just commenting.

I don't know, maybe it would work out in nursery.

Darla Davies said...

What a handsome couple! And both so funny, too! :) Looks like it was a very successful and fun event --- the kind that makes happy memories!

Kat said...

Great job! That's the calling I wish I had. Way cute ideas. Thanks for sharing.