That was a good day. It was twelve years ago.
It's only fitting that I should remember not skipping any meals that day, because Emily loves food just like I do. From the time she could talk, she has wanted to grow up and be a cook. Today's birthday meals included a cheesy ham and egg breakfast casserole, with danish pastries on the side; school lunch (not really her request, but I kind of ran out of time to pack a brown bag. What can I say, I'm not that super!); and her request of stuffed peppers and buttered asparagus for dinner. Chocolate cake, of course.
She's waited until this age to pierce her ears, but she'll have to wait a bit longer, until she has a break between soccer seasons. {That game! It's so demanding! She's at a 1.5 hour practice on the evening of her birthday. So far, she still loves it.}
Happy Birthday, Dear Emmy!
If you're the type who counts candles, don't worry: We made her light them and blow them out exactly twice!
7 comments:
Happy Birthday!! Have a great day! -Kaelyn
She just gets more beautiful every year. What a cute girl!
What a beautiful young woman! Hope you had a great day Emily!
Stuffed peppers?! A girl after my own heart!!! You can come cook with us anyday, I love cooking, too! Happy Birthday, Emily!
I love eating, too! Wish I had been there for the stuffed peppers (and asparagus). Think I've told you about the sweet memory I have of arriving home from a discouraging 1st day of school to the yummy aroma of stuffed peppers and knowing that all would be well. Happy Birthday to darling Emily!!
Maybe you'll have to share your recipe of stuffed peppers. It's something I've never made but I sure have a lot of peppers in my garden this year.
On Sunday we were watching home videos. One thing we watched was a party for Jenica. Emily was there along with Emily Glassford. I had totally forgotten that we used to have to specify between which Emily. So fun to see the girls younger. Emily has truly grown into a beautiful young woman. I hope she had a good b-day!
WOW!! Twelve. Good luck in YW. I am sure you will love it. Happy Birthday!
By the way, My husband loves my haircut. My dad not so much. Apparently I didn't have his permission to cut off all my hair. haha. He liked it better when he saw me in person.
Post a Comment