Friday, December 25, 2009

Cute & Clever Christmas Kids


One of the most enjoyable times of the year to be a parent has got to be Christmas time. I love the chance to spoil my kids just a little bit now and then. And I love to see them be so excited about old traditions and new experiences.

Last night, not only did the girls leave a plate of goodies and some milk for Santa Claus, but Hannah also left a trail of carrots, leading from the fireplace to her bedroom. I was a little nervous that the reindeer would wind up nibbling on Hannah in her bed, but she was excited to see that the carrots had been consumed during the night, even though she didn't even wake up to see the magical creatures.

Here's an Christmas Eve agenda that Emily and Lauren posted on the bulletin board in their bedroom:
*These hours are 9:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.!

? - 9:00 ... sleep
9:00 - 9:30 ... read
9:30 - 9:50 ... pillow fight
9:50 - 10:00 ... listen to music
10:00 - 10:30 ... sleep
10:30 - 11:00 ... arts and crafts
11:00 - 11:30 ... stuffed animals
11:30 - 12:00 ... sleep
12:00 - 12:30 ... write stories
12:30 - 1:00 ... board games
1:00 - 1:30 ... read
1:30 - 2:00 ... sleep
2:00 - 2:30 ... play school
2:30 - 3:00 ... play house
3:00 - 3:20 ... AGD's [American Girl Dolls]
3:20 - 4:00 ... sleep
4:00 - 4:20 ... tigers
4:20 - 4:30 ... clean up
4:30 - 5:00 ... read
5:00 - 6:00 ... sleep
6:00 - ? ... whatever you want


It was a pretty clever plan, but in reality, I think we all slept pretty well, until about 6:30 a.m. (Thank goodness!)

6 comments:

Gerb said...

Tigers?

Rebecca said...

Gerb -
In answer to your question, Lauren says "We were going to play tigers. You know, where you destroy everything."

Gerb said...

Okay, that is awesome. For your sake, I am glad they slept instead. But please thank her for the clarification.

Clark and Liesel said...

That is hilarious! Clever little girls you have! I love the Christmas Eve schedule the girls had planned...very clever. I am happy to see that they thought of everything! I would have loved to see them play school at 2:00 in the morning. And what good girls to schedule in time to clean up!

Katy said...

I would like to point out that thay had appx. 2 1/2 hours of sleep on that list...

Emily Larson said...

Actually, mom, YOU slept until 6:30! I was still asleep! ;)