I love the generous feelings that swell in my heart during this season. (Not that I never feel generous at other times, but at Christmas time, my heart is more tender, and I'm more keenly aware of my own blessings.)
Last week I went to the Festival of Trees (three times!), and fought back tears as I walked my children through the displays and realized a)how blessed we are, and b)how much suffering there is around us, and c)how many good people there are doing generous things for others, and inspiring me to do more.
I already told you about Stephanie's benefit auction, and this morning I saw that NieNie is directing her readers there, as well. I think that should ensure a good crowd to that auction.
If you're interested (as I am), here's another way to give to someone in need:
http://rallyforrafe.blogspot.com/
I don't know them personally, but this family lives in my town, and the auction host is a friend of mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment