Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Just One Day

If you were me, and you had just twenty four hours to spend in "The Big Apple", what would you do?

And if you were going to buy tickets to just one Broadway show, which show would you see?

11 comments:

simplysarah said...

Go to Spanish Harlem, eat lots of ethnic foods....

Clark and Liesel said...

Well, we have seen only two Broadway shows. So, of the two we have seen (Lion King and Wicked) I would DEFINITELY suggest you have to say go see WICKED!!! You won't regret it. It is AMAZING!!!!!

We have been to NYC before and enjoyed Times Square. It's really busy and touristy, but I think you have to go there just so you can say you've been there. We didn't think the Empire State building was all that impressive considering how long we had to wait in line to get to the top. But that is just our opinion. :)

They have an American Girl Doll Store that is HUGE!!!! I had to go in and re-live all my childhood memoreis of Kirsten Larson. She was my favorite.

We also rode around on some tour bus that takes you all around the city. And it was great for us, because we had no idea where we were going. They have different stops so you can get off and explore.

Sorry for the suoer long novel. :)
So, are you going there for a day? How fun!!!

Gerb said...

You mean "One Short Day" in the big apple? Are you "Defying Gravity" by riding there in an airplane? Do you really have to ask "For Good" musical recommendations?! For SURE go see the most "Popular" one!

p.s. I AM JEALOUS.

Anonymous said...

I don't know about Broadway shows. I was commenting the other day I wish we had taken the time to see one when we went to New York. We really enjoyed going to the statue of liberty and spent a lot of time at Ellis Island. Of course this was because it was very cold and we had a baby. I also enjoyed walking around the world trade center site. Nothing like seeing some of the tallest buildings in the world and realizing the trade center was even taller to put things into perspective. I agree about the Empire State Building-not that impressive. I also say try the cheesecake.
Have fun! Kara

Trev & Celina said...

I will definately agree that you should for sure see Wicked. It was so awesome!

Angela said...

If you can only go to one show it has to be Wicked! Lunch or dinner at L'Ecole - the restaurant of the French Culinary Institute in NYC. It's the best meal and deal in town - but get reservations before you go. www.frenchculinary.com/lecole

Rebecca said...

Awesome tips, guys! Thanks! :) I'm so excited!

Andrea said...

Another vote for Wicked. I haven't seen it but have heard such wonderful things. Wow - I'm jealous!

Meredeth said...

WARNING: This may end up being a long comment!

-If you were to see a show with the kids I should definitly suggest Shrek the Musical- VERY fun for the family.
-If you like comedy and you don't have kids with you, a fun one is Alfred Hitchcock's The 39 Steps located at Helen Hayes Theatre. Tickets aren't expensive and you can go to the matinee to free up time for your night adventures.
-I don't recommend Wicked in New York as the cast is really getting tired and the show is no longer as wonderful as it used to be, but that's just the opinion of us theatre people :)

My ideas for your day in NYC:
-See the Manhatten temple. Why not?
-Central Park: The Strawberry Fields is a great place to start (it's on the west side between 72nd and 74th).
-Get a burger at the Shake Shack (located between 5th and Broadway near the Flatiron Building). This place is so good that people will stand in line for 45min just to get a burger! It is VERY worth the wait.
-M&M World is a fun place too! It's in Times Square. Can't really miss the sign!
-For a fun dinner try Bubba Gump's Shrimp Co (I believe it's on 7th and Broadway). The food is good and the service is fun!

Well, I just loved being in the Big Apple and I sure hope you enjoy your time there too!

Tane and Angela said...

i would love to see phantom of the opera!!!! humm...i think i'll watch that right now.

Gerb said...

Sooo... I'm dying to know if you went already and if so - what did you do? And if NOT, what are you going to try for?