Saturday, July 11, 2009

It's a BOY!

I know I've said I wouldn't go there. The girls have been wanting one for so long, but I just wasn't ready. Somehow, they finally talked Doug and me into it. Hopefully, this will be a really good thing for them.

Now he needs a name. We've discussed:





Cowboy


Scooter


Rudy


Jack


Archie





...plus a few other unmentionable names that Doug suggested under his breath, but I'm pretty sure he was kidding.





What do you think?

He's ticklish.

He seems like a good boy so far, but really, what do I know?

15 comments:

Suzanne said...

Good for you. Now you are a REAL family. I like the names Jack and Archie.

Brandi said...

Wow you are brave! I bet they will love him though. What a great addition to your family. I like Jack too. Or Scout. That wasn't on your list but I just like it. hehe! :)

Anonymous said...

yeah. I agree. well, we already named him Jack!
-emily

Amy said...

Your girls must be so thrilled to have a dog! How fun! I like "Cowboy"

Anonymous said...

WHAT?!?! -Kaelyn (I would say no to "Scooter" long story.)

Rebecca said...

Mom2 - Your brain-washing worked so well on my girls! And after watching Emily play with Casey all week, I was more convinced that she would do well with a dog of her own.

Brandi - I like Scout, too, but there's already a neighbor dog (looks just like ours, but bigger) named Scout. Believe it or not, I'd be more nervous about having a cat than a dog. So who's brave now? :)

Emily and Amy - your favorite names matched my favorites. We just couldn't convince anyone else to call him Cowboy, so Jack it is.

Kaelyn - I know, I know! The short answer is this: Even though I have an aversion to dogs, I decided that I could deal with it for the sake of my kids, who really, Really, REALLY wanted one. I'm glad my parents finally gave in, when I was 14, and got us a dog. Turned out he was a cute but irritating puppy who didn't last longer than a couple of months at our house. So I wanted to make this a good experience for my kids,and hopefully give them the chance to grow up and be more "normal" than I am. And he does not come in my house. Ever. And we wash our hands A LOT.

Rebecca said...

P.S. Doug vetoed Scooter because he says it's Scott's nickname, even though I've never heard Scott called that.
Sorry to all the Jacks out there (Laura!) :) No offense intended, truly!

Gerb said...

Wow. What else can I say?

A dog. Wow.

Really - WOW.

Emily Larson said...

Exactly! Wait- "Wow" is a good thing, right? Jack is the perfect dog!

Andrea said...

What a cute dog! And now Doug has another male on his side! I want to hear the details of how all this went down. Hope you're coming to the park tomorrow at 11:30.

Angela said...

Smart to keep Jack outside. I'd be much happier if we had done that too but with all the rain here - yuck!

Auvignes said...

I CANT BELIEVE IT!!!! What about naming him spanky???

Aleesha Burke said...

CONGRATS!! I am proud of you! Is he trained already?

Jill said...

Um, yeah for you, yikes for me!!! Just wait until my kids come over and guess what I won't stop hearing about!?!! And when we do come over, please remind them that you waited until your kids were older ... much, much older than mine! :)

Gerb said...

I am still having a hard time with this. I need details - did someone offer him to you? Did you save him from a shelter? What brought on the dog purchase? Really. Inquiring minds want to know...