Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Better Out Than In, I Always Say

(Can you name the movie that line comes from?)


Olivia has spent as much time out of the womb as she spent in. She's now 9 months old, and I must say that while the gestation period had its perks, the past nine months of watching her grow, (mostly) unattached to me, has been much more enjoyable. I love my chubby baby. And speaking of chunky, for her 9-month anniversary, she graduated from the infant car seat. She's my first baby who has outgrown that seat before turning one. But at 21 pounds, it was time.


Doug is a nice addition to our household this week. Since it is the month of love, I may as well tell you that I really, really like him...a lot. And my life is so much better when he's nearby. Even if he works himself ragged, and leaves the house before anyone else's eyes are open in the morning, and skips lunch because he's so busy working, and doesn't have much time to answer my phone call about this-and-that during the day... I'm so happy when he comes home to us, worn out, in the evening.


And when you see the resemblance between these two, it's no surprise that I love them both.

6 comments:

Clark and Liesel said...

I can't believe Oliva is 9 months old! Wow, time sure does fly. I am glad that Doug has been around more lately. I know that I am a much happier person when I see my Clark lots and lots! Gotta love our Larson boys!

It was so fun to talk to you and your girls last night. We were quoting Hannah's jokes all night! Cute girls. Hopefully I can get Flat Stanley off to Lauren tomorrow...thats my goal!

Anonymous said...

Shrek...and gestation perks - never heard of those. Really? Perks? WOW! I look at it more of a necessary evil. WAY better out than in!
-Kaelyn

Gerb said...

I was sure relieved when you went from really, really liking Doug a lot to loving him at the end.

Whew.

Suzanne said...

I think back to the time you and Doug met and I can really understand why you bonded instantly. You are two peas in a pod, etc. I am glad that you found each other.

Darla Davies said...

I just am catching up here at the Jerusalem Center. I tried to send an email yesterday, but I'm not used to having to remember email addresses, sooooo...... Don't know if the email caught up with you. We're having some wonderful experiences! I just read Liesel's note about Lauren's flat Stanley. Just a few minutes ago, I talked with one of the ladies here with us whose husband is serving as DTA in South Africa. She somehow got connected with someone's "flat girl" (don't know the name). It was sent to her in South Africa and she brought it here to Jerusalem to take pictures with the flat girl here, too. Guess I should have had Lauren's "flat Stanley" with us, huh?

Lots of love to you all!

Mom (and Dad)

Darla Davies said...

What's not to love about those 2 sleeping "babes"??!!

LOL, Mom