Sunday, February 8, 2009

Except I don't

You know I enjoy shopping, right? Except I don't. Right now, there are two things I don't enjoy hunting for:

  1. A House
  2. A Dress

It is quite enjoyable to walk through houses inspecting every nook and cranny. Except when I can't find what I want for the right price. We've looked at houses that are twice the size of our last house, that still feel too small. (Which leads me to wonder, am I expecting too much? I'm convinced now that our house in WA had a really great use of the space it had.) Unfortunately, I'm spending way too many hours each week scouring the MLS listings, and not nearly enough time actually walking through houses. And by the way, I can tell you that of all the houses we've toured, only one was actually being lived in currently. Almost everything we're seeing is a short sale or foreclosure. It's a weird market.

As for a dress, I'm just looking for something to wear to church that fits, is somewhat stylish, is modest and comfortable. And washable. (I hate to dry clean.) Is that so much to ask? I haven't had much luck. I even went into a place yesterday called "Dress Barn", and I thought to myself, When you find yourself shopping for clothing at a place that is named after an animal shelter, you know you're getting pretty desperate in your searching.

1 comment:

Gerb said...

Now that I've tried for myself, I can say that the Dress Barn in University Mall is where I found a huge selection of dresses that I had a hard time choosing from! Another good place is Missionary Mall (by the Distribution Center in Orem). The dresses are cute but also MODEST because they cater to sister missionaries.

My other favorites? D.I. and Savers. MUCH more economical. It killed me to pay FULL price for my 2 new dresses at DB. But Allen insisted.