Saturday, February 21, 2009

When you can't seem to sleep in on Saturday morning...

...it seems like a good time to follow through on a Tag. (Even though the house is still dark and quiet and I'm wishing I could still be snoozing.)

8 Things


8 favorite TV shows:
  1. American Idol. (It's the only show I watch regularly right now. And this is the first season I've watched.)
  2. Wheel of Fortune.
  3. SYTYCD/DWTS
  4. Backyardigans. (Thank you, Hannah!)
  5. through 8. Any reality show about babies, such as: A Baby Story, Birth Diaries, Deliver Me, Adoption Stories, etc. Never fails to make me cry.

8 things I did yesterday:

  1. Vacuumed.
  2. Mopped.
  3. Made quiche. (It was delicious, by the way.)
  4. Looked at a house (for the 3rd time).
  5. Signed an offer on said house. (We'll see...)
  6. Truly enjoyed the warm sunshine while I tried to chisel away at the snow and ice that still borders my driveway.
  7. Panicked and nearly called Search-and-Rescue when I couldn't find my kids who were playing outside. Don't worry, I found them. And they weren't in trouble, it was just a case of miscommunication.
  8. Had a pizza and movie night with my own girls and several of their friends. There may or may not have been some crazy dancing involved.

8 things I'm looking forward to:

  1. Spring.
  2. Spending Spring Break in California.
  3. Summer.
  4. Moving into our own house, and hopefully staying there for a long, long time.
  5. Planting a garden and eating the produce.
  6. Going to the temple tonight.
  7. Did I mention Spring?
  8. How about Summer?

8 favorite restaurants:
  1. Cafe Rio. It's so good to be reunited.
  2. Thai Rhapsody, Thai Bistro, etc. I miss you.
  3. P.F. Chang's
  4. Macaroni Grill
  5. Z Tejas and Goodwood are my New Faves (only been there once, can't wait to return)
  6. That little place in Escondido where I got that super tasty tortilla soup about 8 years ago.
  7. The Claim Jumper (lots of good times there)
  8. Kneaders. What was that sandwich shop called in PA, where all the menu items were named for a bird?... That was good.
  9. I could go on, and on, and on....I love eating out!

8 Things on my wish list:
  1. A stable economy.
  2. Patience.
  3. A family vacation.
  4. A kitchen I love.
  5. In a house I love.
  6. A long, relaxing summer.
  7. A better memory. They say the mind is the first thing to go.
  8. Remind me: How many things was I supposed to name??

8 people I tag:

Anyone else who is also awake at this silly hour.

2 comments:

simplysarah said...

Remember, Thai Chili Gardens is now right around the corner from you. Lucky girl.

Gerb said...

Which house did you make the offer on? I can't wait to hear how all that goes...