Saturday, January 31, 2009

What's Worse...

We all know that a "pain in the rear" is irritating, and a "pain in the neck" is a bother, but I'll tell you what's worse than either of those: a pain in the throat. A severe pain. Making it difficult to swallow, talk, eat/drink, or sleep. With accompanying fever, aches, and sleeplessness. (And to complicate things, this happens while your husband is out of town -yet again- all week.)

I can tell you quite positively that a pain in the rear is much better than a pain in the throat, because I still have a little pain in my rear (thanks to yesterday's shot of penicillin), but the pain in my throat is almost obsolete (thank goodness).

Plus, Doug is home now. And that makes me feel better, too.

3 comments:

Aleesha Burke said...

Sorry you were sick. That stuff has been spreading like wild fire. I had it two weeks ago. Not fun. Hope you are doing much better now.

Jen said...

Ugh--sounds like strep throat. Aren't antibiotics heavenly?!

Unknown said...

Hello, my husband and yours are work buddies and coincidentally we were sick this week too while he was away. I don't know why, but whenever Adam travels someone in the fam ends up sick and I have to deal with it alone. He says its all in my head. Well, good to "meet" you. You have an adorable family, and if you want to check out ours we're at adammarblefamily.blogspot.com

Kayla