Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Another good medicine is chocolate.

Today was that kind of day, and so I needed a few of these after dinner:



Did you know they print messages inside the wrappers? Guess what my message was, on a day like today...



"Sometimes one smile means more than a dozen roses."





Are they joking?!



That's like saying, "Sometimes one leaf of spinach tastes better than a few of these chocolates."



I don't know about you, but I get smiles every day. Not true of a dozen roses.



I think one of the Laffy Taffy writers must have snuck into the Dove Chocolates factory.

5 comments:

Clark and Liesel said...

You crack me up! I have a bag of Dove chocolates that we have been enjoying the past few days and I agree....they have some doosie's on there! Some of my favorite are: "Remember your first crush." (What if I don't want to!?) "Be a little mysterious. (Why should I?) lol....guess it makes us laugh though, right? Oh...AND...we get chocolate out of the deal! :) Thats always a good thing!

simplysarah said...

Hmmm, I can think of one or two people that I'd rather get a certain smile from than a dozen roses. But I'm not picky. I'll take the smile and the roses. And the chocolates.

Gerb said...

Did you try any of the holiday ones? My favorite Dove fortune was "Sometimes your presence is the best present". Try telling my kids that!

"No gifts this year, kids - but I'm here! Isn't that present enough?"

erikahaw said...

LOVE it!!! thanks for the laugh. My favorite laffy taffy joke is what did the hot dog say when he crossed the finish line...
"I 'm a weiner, I 'm a weiner." And there you have it folks the best laffy taffy joke i have seen to date and trust me I have seen quite a few in my day. For Laffy Taffy is my favorite candy.

olivia said...

Thank you, Rebecca, Hannah (and now Gerberta), for bringing laughing out loud to my little alone hour. This post, Gerb's comment, and Hannah's Chinese/Spanish Aloha were the best.