Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Best Medicine

Over dinner the other night, we had this conversation:

K: I heard that every time you laugh, it adds 5 seconds to your life. Do you think that's true?

D: Well, that's kind of hard to prove...

(thinking)

...I guess it would depend on what you're laughing at. For example, if you were standing in the middle of the road, laughing at an approaching semi-truck, and then it squashed you flat, I would say that laughter didn't really add any time to your lifespan.

(We all laugh. And probably add a few seconds to our lives.)

Then someone (could it have been me?) reminded us that if you laugh while you're eating Jell-O, that could potentially shorten, not lengthen, the time you have to live.

Right, Aaron?

2 comments:

simplysarah said...

I love you Larsons.

Suzanne said...

I am glad that Doug still has his sense of humor in his old age.