Wednesday, May 28, 2008

An-Siblings

Our FHE lesson this week was about (can you guess?...) Memorial Day. I told the girls that Grandma and Grandpa had placed flowers on the graves of some of our ancestors. Lauren's question was, "What about the brothers?" I was confused. Which brothers? I couldn't get Lauren to be any more specific than "And brothers, right?" But Katelyn was the first to understand. When I said "ancestors", Lauren thought I was saying ansisters. I guess that's how the word sounds to a girl who's got four of them, herself. I'm glad she still cares about our anbrothers, too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! I was going to ask Dad to scan some photos I have of decorating graves with my Bowen grandparents when I was a youth so I could maybe make a blog entry (with his help), but -----. Maybe I'll bring them with me. I believe the last photo on the 1976 disk of photos we sent has a picture of Derek and Aaron astride a gravestone on a Memorial Day long ago. Can't wait to see you!

Love, Mom

Clark and Liesel said...

That is too funny! I love hearing what kids are thinking- out of the mouth of babes! I also love your "Hilarious Hannah" corner. I check it almost daily! Clark and I have a good laugh! Gotta love Hannah beans!