Well, I wasn't trying to make her look bad, nor was I trying to send myself into labor. Here's why I like to mow the lawn:
- Because if I'm mowing the lawn, the weather must be decent, at least. I don't mow when it's extremely cold or wet outside, but I do enjoy being outside when the weather is pleasant.
- Because if I'm mowing the lawn, I can be outside without feeling guilty about all the things I'm neglecting to cross off my "To Do List" in the house.
- Because I love the orderly look of fresh mow lines in the grass, and because it is one job I can do that cannot be undone for several days! I can't say that about many other household chores.
- Because it sort of counts as working out...sort of.
- Because I enjoy the smell of fresh cut grass (but not the smell of gasoline from the mower).
- Because the engine of the mower drowns out other distracting noises, and I can think, or not think, about anything I want.
1 comment:
Excellent bulleted list!
If only you'd kept those tidy lines coming across the invisible divide of the mailbox line... Now Karen does the exact same thing, making ours always look worse in contrast. (Especially that same never quite finished patch of ours that has always needed to be cement.
New Topic: I began a comment on Gerb's music memories, answered a quick cell call, then finished typing my list of fun 70's memory lane moment, clicked "post" and lo and behold you and your double cassette player had slipped one in there!! good times...
Post a Comment