Friday night, Katelyn's class went on a "Mission to Mars" at the Museum of Flight. Doug was one of two lucky parents who got to go along. They both said the simulated mission in space was awesome, and I didn't hear any complaints about sleeping on the museum floor.
Back at home, we had to entertain ourselves somehow, so we decided to make coo

kies. They were yummy. And I think that's the first thing I've cooked since before Olivia was born. But I have spent some time recently searching for new recipes, trying to get myself excited about my impending return to my duties in food prep.
Saturday night was my big return, and Olivia's big debut, to the social scene. It was the annual ward talent show, and my friend Mindy had asked me a few months ago to sing a duet with her. She has a great voice and she plays the guitar, so it was easy for me to agree to learn the harmony and be part of her act. We sang "Fernando". It wasn't quite Abba quality, but I think it was pretty good! And appropriate for this holiday weekend, I think.

Taking Olivia around large groups of people still makes me panic. I'd like to keep her (and myself) in a bubble indefinitely. I'm wondering if I'm being reasonable, or paranoid. Maybe something in between. We did make it to church today, but during the first hour, Lauren was complaining about a sore throat, so Olivia and I took her home. Even though it wasn't good news that
Lauren wasn't feeling well, it did save me from having to try to shelter the baby and keep myself calm during the next two hours of church. And, thankfully, Lauren seems quite fine. It was either a very mild cold, a very quick recovery, or a miracle. I'm not sure which.
1 comment:
That is such a precious picture with you holding Olivia. She is such a cute baby! I don't blame you for not wanting to be around large groups of people yet with baby. There are so many things going around and so many germs.
My friends doctor told her not to take her baby out in public with large groups of people for the first month after she is born. (She's due the end of June) She is planning on taking the whole month of July off from church and then will come to church in August, but won't be in Primary because she will be figuring out baby's schedule. (She's 1 of our sunbeam teachers) She will be back in Primary the beginning of September. So I guess everyone is different, but the idea of being in a bubble seems nice with a new baby. (Sorry for the novel)
Post a Comment