Friday, May 23, 2008

Survivor

Through the process of adding five children to our family during the last twelve years, we have gone through a lot of baby equipment: several car seats, bouncy seats, various bottles and pacifiers, a couple of breast pumps, loads of blankets and clothing, even a few different strollers. But there is one thing that has lasted the entire time, and which we still use: the baby monitor. Yep, it has gotten years of use, and somehow it has survived. I still even have the original packaging to store it in between years of usage. I pulled it out of the closet and plugged it in yesterday, and was pleased to find out that it still works great...meaning, not only can we hear our cute little baby noises from one end of our house to another, but also, we can hear the neighbors' household activities, and even mariachi music, just by the flip of a channel switch! YAHOO!!

3 comments:

Cherie said...

But does your ceiling fan remote turn on their bedroom light/fan? Can you split the expense for high speed? Can you keep a monitor on eachother's nappers? NO? Time to move back... Oh, but wait - the minor thing with the salary differences here would mean you'd have to go to work too! - (fate literally worse than death for you, Ruined Life H, "perfect" O, L, E, K, D, your lawn, & your blog) then we'd BOTH be gone all the time and STILL never see each other...
PS - Love the switch to Spring look on blah blah blog. JK - your blah blah is perfect! -always good therapy for me-like DARK 85% choc

Jill said...

So fun to see photos of cute Olivia. I especially like the one in the purple dress. You let me borrow that one for Savannah and I remember loving her in it. For some reason, the people who make kids clothes still haven't figured out how to make baby clothes cute AND comfortable. I found some baby girl shoes yesterday that were $1.75 that I couldn't pass up - they do NOT look comfortable, but they are tiny baby blue Sunday shoes with baby blue pearls on the strap and baby blue ribbons on the side. We'll see if the baby to come gets to wear them or not! Love to read about all you're doing and the girls! Love you all!

Clark and Liesel said...

Good times with baby monitors! Thats great it still works! I remember babysitting in my teen years for a couple across the street from us. One night I put the kids to bed and was trying to turn on the baby monitor and figure out which channel it needed to be on. When all of a sudden I heard my moms voice on the baby monitor! I looked out the window and saw my mom on the phone at home. When I came home I made some reference to what she had been talking about on the phone and she was like, "How did you know that?!" Who knows if the neighbors listened to our conversations all the time on their crazy baby monitors!