Monday, May 12, 2008

Meaningful Mother's Day


With my own mom and my week-old baby by my side yesterday, I appreciated the sentiments of Mother's Day more than ever. I am so grateful for my incredible mother! Doug and I were both blessed to be raised by amazing mothers, who continue to nurture us, even as we are growing our own family! I feel so blessed to have been gifted with 5 beautiful children! I remember a poignant moment when Katelyn and Emily were small, and I had the distinct impression come to me that I was incredibly blessed to be the mother of 2 little girls, and if I never had any more children, I could not feel anything less than overwhelmingly lucky to have them. And now I have five! I am so blessed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a great mom! I hope you had a nice Mother's Day.
-Kaelyn

Anonymous said...

What a "Welcome Home" greeting! I suppose it's worth the tears! Why not just keep them coming?! What a beautiful time I enjoyed being with all of you and welcoming Baby Olivia! Precious memories!! Looking forward to seeing you all again soon!

Lots of love, Mom (Grandma)