Friday, February 29, 2008

How Old is 35?

No, it's not that old. That's Lauren, dressed up as she imagines herself at 100 years old, celebrating her 100th day of kindergarten this week.


But 35 is...

Old enough (finally) for your age to be bigger than your pant size.

Young enough to still enjoy the privilege of lighting your own birthday candles,


but Old enough to put the fire out like this...


Young enough to pick the ice cream that has the most chocolate packed into one container, Old enough to appreciate a truly delicious homemade German Chocolate cake, and also
Old enough to control yourself and only eat one piece.
(None of the rest of us are that old yet.)


Old enough to be grateful for calls and cards from loved ones...Thank You!

But young enough to get excited about this gift...


7 comments:

ablackman said...

Hasn't even gotten it out of the box and he's obsessed with it.

Before we sign any Herbie betrothal contracts, you better have something done with the little girl's eyes.

Happy Birthday Geezer!

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Doug! Scott enjoyed talking to you.
-Kaelyn

Gerb said...

I know it's Doug's birthday, but my favorite photo is the one of Hannah with her ice cream.

Well, maybe that last one of Doug ranks up there, too. I think you should blow it up to a large size and give a copy to the Stake President. =0)

Clark and Liesel said...

Happy be-lated Doug! Hope you had a great day! You'll have to tell us how you guys like the Guitar Hero!

This post is probably one of my favorite ones...that picture of Hannah is INCREDIBLE!!! That girl is so gosh darn cute!! She is really good at going cross eyed! And the one of Lauren dressed up like she was 100 was awesome! I love the wrinkles by her eyes! :)

Anonymous said...

Now I can see it. Lauren does look like me! Great pictures and thanks for making Doug's birthday so fun. Keep it up.
Love,
Mom2

ablackman said...

I was looking at this post again and got to wonderin...

When you said that Doug is "Old enough to put the fire out like this..." does it mean you gave him permission to smoke that joint? Which, of course, makes sense, because then he was in the right state of mind to more fully appreciate the gift you got for him.

Cherie said...

OK Allen, I'm with you... It looked like some kind of pretend "reefer" - before I fixed it in my head and saw the Calvin-type candle thing!
Doug -- Congrats!! I was also 35 when we had our fifth!! She's now as tall or taller than I am--
I'm jeolous on the killer gift... In RS last Sunday we had to write something about ourselves that the gals didn't already know - I confessed my passion (and skill, ha ha) for drums on RockBand!! (Hooray for all those pre-mission boys that endured their parents' disapproval while pooling their $$ for a refurbished XBOX 360... and for sharing it w/ their mothers and siblings... and for SANTA that somehow KNEW way before we did that ROCKBAND would be TONS of fun for ALL!!
Hey Gerb - This is almost as fun as knocking on your door... it's like finding a hidden treasure! (to keep in touch this way)