First we went to see the Spiderwick movie--and it turned out to be too scary for Hannah and Lauren. (I should have believed the reviews I read/heard.) So, we now have 3 movie passes, so we can try again when the Horton movie comes out next month, maybe. I took the two of them window shopping at Target (one of Hannah's favorite passtimes), while the others finished watching the show.
After the movie, we drove to the hotel. The girls caught on pretty quickly and were very excited about the surprise. (Katelyn says she was suspicious that we would do something along those lines, but by the time we pulled into the hotel parking lot, she had forgotten about her suspicions!)
We had some snacks, went swimming in the hotel pool, and then went out to dinner. We had brought puzzles and games with us, but by the time we got back to our room after our late dinner, we were all ready to crash into bed--so that's what we did!
This morning, Doug walked to the nearby bus stop and went to work. The girls and I enjoyed breakfast at the hotel, followed by more swimming, before we came home later in the morning.
You would think we'd be tired of being in the water, but still, Hannah is now enjoying her third bath today. That's partly because she's been playing outside (sadly uncommon here!) and getting dirty, because we've had beautiful weather during this long weekend!! It doesn't get much better than that!
Have I ever mentioned before that I LOVE THE SUN?!?!
9 comments:
You must be related to me!!!! (loving the sun)
Glad you had such a nice mini-vacation! Dad and I went to Spiderwick yesterday, too. Way too scary for kids!
Love, Mom
I want a sunny getaway...
What a fun idea! I bet the girls loved it! My parents did that for us growing up and it was azlways so much fun! It didn't matter that home was only like 15 mins away...it was still a vacation to us!
I see...a sunny getaway for you and Doug, then one for the whole family! Not too shabby.
You're a much more fun parent than I. I surprise my kids with things like, "Guess what we get to do today? WE'RE GOING TO THE LIBRARY! No, I'm serious, you ALL get to go! Jump in kids! This is gonna be FUN!"
I am glad you got some sunshine this week. Very cute sun clip art! By the way, I know we will love whatever name you pick. You have a great track record with both names and darling girls.
Mom2
Hooray for local getaways - kids love them, and their memories are just as sweeeet w/ way less expense and travel time!! Way to beat the winter blahs!
One February when O & S were little we went to my cousins for their annual "Winter Defiance" party!-TOTAL all out indoor picnic! All the kids were in swim suits playing and eating summer stuff, the furnace was cranked up- while we all ignored the snow falling outside...
Hey Gerb, you could run w/ that one, and those precious Blacklets might even think it was ALMOST as fun as the way cool Provo library!!
PS - Olivia Cherie, Josie Angelica Claire,
Carmen Emilia, "Maya" Gabriella Isabel -
(All beautiful choices)...
Now for the list Koki loved and never got to use: Penelope, Mercedes, Ruby.
Some of mine: Lily, Sophie, Kaya.
I'm too sleepy to think, I'll send the others later (which usually means I blink and another month's flown by).
Hugs to Sean Marco, K? Did I tell you he moved even closer to you? (Apt on Both-Evrt Hwy SE)
I'm glad you have sun and got a vacation. I'm jealous, but very happy for you!
-Kaelyn
How do you get Cherie to comment on your blog?! She even comments to me on your blog...maybe I need to move far, far away for such an honor?
Post a Comment