There's a big party I'll be missing this weekend, to my great disappointment. No, it is not a Superbowl party. Who cares about that?! Today my Grandma is 85 years old, and yesterday my Grandpa turned 87. They are two of the greatest people I know.
I like to think that my Grandpa deserves much of the credit for my musical appreciation and talent. I have treasured memories of spending summer days at his house, learning new instruments and enhancing my musical education under his nurturing encouragement. And I think it's ok to admit now that my earliest driving lessons took place in Grandpa's car, when I was very underage. I think he must be an adrenaline junkie, in his own way.
One of the best words to describe my Grandma would be delicious. Anything Grandma touched in the kitchen became increidbly, mouth-watering, can't-get-enough-of-it delicious, and I think that had a lot to do with my early desire to learn to bake and cook, and share great recipes with friends and family. Grandma as a person is as sweet and indulgent as anything she ever baked.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, YOU TWO!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!
3 comments:
FABULOUS! Can't wait to share it with G&G. You always know just how to say the right things. And I'm in awe of your abilities to put pictures into your script in your blog entries. We'll miss your being here. Thanks for being such a wonderful daughter/granddaughter!
Love, Mom
I would be happy to attend in your stead, if you need me. I'm just a phone call away, and I do love those people you call family! (Haven't met one I didn't like yet!)
I DID attend in your stead, and the guests of honor were unfortunately unable to make it due to the snow. But the food was still delicious. And the company (Isaac & Megan, Roland & Kim, Jos and Marlise, plus kids) was pretty great. Which I think is a tribute to G & G too. Wish you could have been there!
Post a Comment