Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Thwarted

This morning as I helped Hannah get dressed and make her bed, I thought about what I could do to make life more lovely and enjoyable for my family. How to find beauty and pleasure in the mundane.

And then it came to my attention that Olivia was splattering pink nail polish all over the bathroom cupboards, floor, base boards, and wall.

And that was that.

6 comments:

Brandi said...

oh my gosh! That is bad. my 2 year old feed playdough to the our turtle today, I thought that was bad, you win.

simplysarah said...

Hilarious. That's why I like Larsanity....

Laura Hyde said...

Oh my. I can't imagine you haven't dealt with wild experiments like that before. :)

Thanks for making me sound busy by the way. I would never survive in your shoes. Please don't feel guilty about not making it up here. One day we will all get together again. Maybe in Hawaii! Doug should have plenty of sky miles right???

Suzanne said...

You are SUCH a great wife, mother and a good writer too!

Clark and Liesel said...

Wow. I bet that was fun to clean up. I wish I lived closer and I would have come to help you. You are a wonderful woman and I am lucky to know you!

Gerb said...

Isn't it funny how the kids can throw a cute little wrench into our grand plans? I have found that blogging makes me a little nicer of a mommy.

For example: "What?! Nail polish all over the bathroom! I can't believe... (stopping, thinking...) Wait one minute. Mommy's going to get her camera. That's right, paint the doorknobs, too! You are so cute!"