Sunday, September 13, 2009

Celebrity Sighting

Saturday night, 9:30 p.m., Abigail Breslin was having dinner at Olive Garden. She sat at an open-seating table near the bar. (O.G. was our second attempt at getting dinner at that late hour. Our first choice had a 55 minute wait, for a table for two! So when O.G. told us it would be 20 minutes to wait to be seated, or we could seat ourselves in the bar room, I had no problem with that option. But here's a question...what's the point when the restaurant doesn't use the open tables near the bar to seat waiting guests? It's not an age issue, because Abigail wasn't the only child in that room.)

Anyway, if you're interested to know, Abigail is joining a short list of my celebrity spottings. The first one I can recall was seeing Hulk Hogan in the SLC airport when I was a young teenager, and I thought it was curious that he was flanked by bodyguards. I mean, who would he possibly encounter that he couldn't handle on his own?!

3 comments:

Clark and Liesel said...

That is awesome! I can't think of a time that I have ever seen a famous person. Maybe someday I will....Apparently there are a lot of celebs in UT. Who would've thought?! lol

ablackman said...

Reminds me of the time we sat on the stand in the Provo temple chapel for ward temple night with you guys and the Nielsens and Asa could hardly contain himself because Donny Osmond was sitting in front of us about 2 rows away. I still wonder what would have happened if Tracy Nelson had been there.

Gerb said...

Next thing you know, Abigail will have Hulk Hogan as her bodyguard at a Donny Osmond concert.

I'm just saying.

(and re: Allen's comment... LOL!!)