Getting our first peek into the womb...and finding out it's a girl! (and another girl! and another girl! and another girl! and one more girl!)
Pregnancy (for the most part), and birth.
Babies.
Blessings and baptisms.
Making special birthday cakes for my cuties.

Reading board books with toddlers who are just learning to point and name objects.

Singing.

The "Streaker Stage", when they strip themselves bare in the most embarrassing situations. (Incidentally, this always just precedes or coincides with potty training--one of my least favorite motherhood moments! So it's good that their cute little birthday suits make me smile at this stage of life!)
Singing.
The "Streaker Stage", when they strip themselves bare in the most embarrassing situations. (Incidentally, this always just precedes or coincides with potty training--one of my least favorite motherhood moments! So it's good that their cute little birthday suits make me smile at this stage of life!)
First talks in Primary.
Crying (couldn't even hide it) when we met our first child's first school teacher-- Not only because my baby was growing up, but also because I fell immediately in love with that kindergarten teacher, and I was so thankful to her for being so wonderful, and so excited for Katelyn to begin her school adventure, knowing she would love it so much.
Making Halloween costumes, dressing up, and fancy hair do's.
Bath time.
Nap time.
Prayer time.
Reading scriptures early in the morning with Katelyn. Finishing the Book of Mormon with her that way. (As I thought about it this morning, I realized that we started this habit just when she was getting to that pre-teen phase of really testing my patience. I think starting our day together this way has been the key to turning that mother-daughter dynamic around. Blessings...)
Water skiing behind Grandpa's boat.
Family bike rides.
Helping my daughters learn to cook.
Seeing my daughters love their little sisters.
Watching them giggle with their daddy.
Thinking about my daughters and their opportunity to be wives and mothers someday; hoping they have the desire and the opportunity. Knowing it's my responsibility to foster that.
Thank you, Mom.
Thank you, Grandma.
Thank you to all women who have influenced my journey for good.
Happy Mother's Day.
6 comments:
Thanks for making me cry, Rebecca! And that last picture is absolutely precious. Happy Mother's Day to one of my favorite mothers - and friends.
Gerb beat me to it. I had not cried at all today until I read this. Happy Mother's Day to you!-Kaelyn P.S. How does the floor look??
That was so incredibly sweet. I feel like I'm just beginning on the journey you are so well versed in. It was such a pleasure to read and see the pictures in your mother's day post. I too cried...thanks a lot.
Oh that was beautiful! Thanks for putting that together for all of us to enjoy!
i loved this post!!! (not that i don't love your other posts too though) I also loved the pics too!
O.K. It is Tuesday (2 days after Mothers' Day), and I am crying! (Actually, it doesn't seem to take much these days to get me doing that!) But this was a beautiful post! I LOVE READING (AND SEEING) YOUR BLOG!!
Incidentally, I look like I am related to the Statue of Liberty in that final photo. What is sticking out of my head?!! But that is a priceless picture! And how do you come up with all those appropriate photos?!
Post a Comment