Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Normal is Coming

I'm dying to post about something besides moving and all its rippling effects on my life.

Unfortunately, there's nothing else on my brain these days. Just the move.

It's coming soon. Soon, as in I'm in the middle of it right now, and within 10 days, there will be nothing more to move.

Only unpack and organize. And clean.

I'm sure you're as anxious as I am.

Oh! Here's one thing I can tell you that's sort of unrelated to moving. I had a couple of mishaps while doing yard work last week. One was embarrassing, the other was disgusting.

Embarrassing:
I was mowing the front lawn, and then sweeping up the grassy front walk, when all of a sudden (I can't explain it), my mouth had a conflict with the broom handle, and the broom handle won. It left me with a fat lower lip, cut on the inside, and purple on the outside for the following week. No one asked about my injury. I hope it's not because they assume Doug is a wife-beater.

Disgusting:
While mowing the back lawn on Saturday (yes, it took me two days to get all the lawn mowed), I noticed a bunch of gray feathers a couple feet ahead of me, and as I pondered where they came from and took two more steps, I heard a big CHUNK-A-CLUNK from the blades of the mower. Oopsie. Then I noticed all the flies swarming around the feathery mess, which I had just mowed over. And I also noticed the aroma. It was not pleasant. I had to call on Doug (who, by the way, is NOT a wife-beater, in case you were afraid to ask) to rescue me from that mess. My hero!

In conclusion, I'm going to relinquish the lawn mowing duties back to Doug for a while. At least for one mow.

1 comment:

simplysarah said...

Ewwwwwww! That does not sound pretty.