Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Dust Settles...S L O W L Y

Sometimes I have to post, just because I'm sick of seeing/thinking about my previous post.

So, I'm sitting at my computer, in a quiet house, without the burden of "I have so much to do and not enough time to get it done!" on my mind. I do still have so much to do (unpack mountains of boxes), but I'm in no big hurry. We're planning to stay in this house for a long time. And it's feeling nice to take a break.

We took a walk around the neighborhood this evening. I made a real dinner (Doug helped) which we ate, at the normal dinner time, around our own dinner table, on real dishes. How long has it been?! And I even baked cookies!

It's starting (just starting) to feel like normal life again, by golly!

Except for one thing: Doug and I have been asked to be in charge of the Webelos. And that definitely doesn't feel like "normal" life to me!

1 comment:

Clark and Liesel said...

Wow! Webelos, huh? I wouldn't even know where to begin! Good luck!