Last month, their visit included this:

Dinner for my family, in honor of my birthday. (The flowers and a "Scentsy" candle were just for me.)
This month's visit involved some true service.
On Sunday they gave me two days' notice that they would be coming this morning to help me with some weeding, and I didn't need to necessarily be there if I had other things to do.
They arrived before I had even cleaned up the breakfast dishes, and stayed and worked-- up to their elbows in dirt, worms, weeds and thorns-- until lunch time.
And they're coming back to continue the job on Thursday.
It tells you a couple of true things:
1. I have really great, thoughtful Visiting Teachers.
and 
A couple of these bags were from my endeavors last week. (Remember when I found the Easter egg?) But the rest are from this morning's weeds. And there's more where that came from!!!2. This house we're renting is surrounded by way too many flower beds!
4 comments:
You are fortunate, indeed! How can we "bottle" their dedication as visiting teachers and "spread" it (especially among young visiting teachers)?
Wow. You DO have great Visiting Teachers indeed! I am glad they are taking such great care of you!
What a great example of service! I miss you.
Since you are leaving the ward anyway, why don't you ask your visiting teachers to start visiting me? That is true kindness!
Post a Comment