It has begun. No more school until 2008. The days begin with the girls playing in their rooms, usually with Playmobil. They take the pieces out of the bin, line them all up, and take turns choosing their "team". Usually the hottest picks are horses and girls. But this morning, there was a surprising demand for one particular piece of plastic:
Emily: I'll trade you my dog for your girl.
Hannah: How about my girl for...the poop.
Lauren: I know, how about the poop and the bucket.
Can you find the poop?
To think what they'd be missing if they were sitting in a classroom right now!!
For something more appetizing, here's what we did last night:

Cheerio Christmas Trees
(a Davies Family Tradition)
3 Tbsp. butter
32 large or 3 cups mini marshmallows
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. green food coloring
4 cups Cheerios
small gumdrops for decoration
In large saucepan, melt butter and marshmallows over low heat, stirring constantly. When smooth, remove from heat and add vanilla and food coloring. Stir in cereal. Scoop onto waxed paper. With buttered hands, shape into trees (or a wreath, like Emily; or a snowman, like Hannah). Decorate with sliced gumdrops.
One batch made what you see in the picture above, so you may want to double it if you have a large family!
3 comments:
We don't have Playmobil. I didn't know it came with poop!:-)
-Kaelyn
GUESS WHAT! I am coming home of Friday! AND I only have two more finals!!!!!!!!!!
I love it when a kid sees the value in a poop. Don't you love that word?
Post a Comment