We've been listening to nothing but Christmas music. In the car, I have a cd that's mostly piano, but completely instrumental. Yesterday a slow, mellow rendition of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" was playing, featuring a deep cello. Hannah listened quietly for a minute, and then she said, with a pouty lip, "Sad song!"
I think it's funny that even to an untrained child, minor chords = sad music.

Hannah's new favorite Christmas song is "Angels We Have Heard on High". She sings the chorus, "Glooo-oooo--oooo--ooooo--ria, In the jungle, the lion sleeps tonight."
She sings another popular song in her own way, too: "We wish you could marry Christmas, We wish you could marry Christmas..."
Lauren told me today that what she wants for Christmas is a pair of those shoes that have wheels in the bottom. I told her, "I don't think they make those in your size." She thought for a second, and came back with, "Well, Santa does."
2 comments:
My favorite kid rendition is Allen-the-younger's version of "Frosty the Snowman" (at the age of 4 or 5...) "...with a corn-cob pipe and a butt, and nose..."
Hannah's version of Gloria (in the jungle) made me laugh out loud! LOVED, LOVED, LOVED your creative Christmas letter and the darling photo of some of my favorite people! Thanks for making the time at this very busy season to keep us posted and to make us laugh! Lots of love, Mom
Post a Comment