This morning, Hannah crawled into bed with me for the last few minutes of sleepy time, as she does almost every morning. I enjoy our morning cuddle time. Sometimes Lauren joins us, but today it was just me and Hannah. Most mornings, I have to pry my eyes open with a great surge of will power, and drag myself out of bed. But this morning I was awake before Hannah joined me. She lay down next to me with her head on my arm, and we looked at each other and smiled. She took a deep breath, and then said, "You smell good. You smell like a Mom." I so appreciate those sweet little moments!
I don't have the most keen sense of smell, but there are certain aromas that are sentimental for me. Like the smell of my Grandma. A couple of months after my Grandma Davies passed away, I went to the temple, and I encountered a lady there who smelled exactly like my grandma used to. This lady, who was a stranger to me, probably wondered why I was teary-eyed and and, at the same time, grinning from ear to ear while I was talking to her briefly. But it was just that familiar smell that made me feel nostalgic in a really good way. I'm so glad to know that my aroma (whatever it may be) has that same sort of effect on Hannah.
2 comments:
That is very sweet! She sure does say the cutest things! I love that little Hannah beans!
Um, wow. I take it she wasn't smelling your breath, or if she was, what's your trick at making morning breath good?
Post a Comment