Yesterday was a highly anticipated day for me. It was Gerberta's scheduled ultrasound. I couldn't wait to find out what she was having. (I was already assuming it was a healthy baby, so I was mostly thinking about the gender.) Gerb was predicting that whatever she's having, I'm having the same. So we would either both continue our preset patterns (hers is boy-girl-girl, boy-girl-girl, and you know what mine is!) by having girls, or we would both break our patterns with a boy this time.
I didn't get a chance to talk to Gerb before I went to an Enrichment Meeting/Christmas party last night. And of course, everyone I talked to was asking The Question. It all just added to the anticipation of talking to Gerberta. As soon as the closing prayer was said, I was out the door, in my car, calling Gerberta to hear the news. And it was an exciting conversation. However, as soon as I hung up with Gerberta, I experienced an unexpected sensation: a deep void of anticipation. Now that I knew, it was still exciting, but, I knew.
So, I started having these crazy thoughts....maybe I don't want to experience that "void" again next week. Maybe I want to continue to let the anticipation build and build, and keep everyone (including myself) curious and anxious to find out whether we're going to have a boy or a girl.
Am I nuts??? Am I even myself?!
6 comments:
No You cannot do that! How are you Rebecca? I'm excited to find out. When is your due date again?
I miss you guys, what a great group of ladies!
So what was the news for Gerberta? Crazy, pregnant mind or not --- I love you! Mom
Whenever you want to find out/share your news I want to hear it. You get to decide if it will be next week or next year sometime!
-Kaelyn
Of course, you can wait. It may drive SOME of us CRAZY, but you can wait. I couldn't have been surprised if I wanted to. As soon as she got to the tell-tale area, it was obvious. I even impressed Heidi with my knowledge. I've had too many ultrasounds, I guess!
If you wait, I may redact the offer of using my name.
Rebecca,
I got your Christmas card in the mail. Congratulations on the pregnancy! Hope you are feeling well and what a fun way to find out the sex of your baby. We will put in our vote for a boy. Who wants to break the trend in our families?-Kara
Post a Comment