Friday, April 8, 2011

Starting Spring Break

Yes, that's right folks, Spring Break starts today, which means we are taking a break from Spring, and returning to winter weather for a while.

Last week, we were picnicking in the grass, laying on our backs watching the fluffy white clouds drift against a bright blue sky, and counting all the birds in the neighborhood.

But that was then.  This is today: 

 Snow is falling.  I'm tempted to light a fire in the fireplace, stay in my pajamas, and finish reading my book (which is set in Africa--where it's hot and sunny).  And then I'll probably start another one, because I don't think I'll want to go outside anytime soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's like this EVERY April! I had to shovel the driveway this morning. I'm not even surprised anymore to see the snow and terrible weather. It's just stupid. Scott told the kids yesterday he was sick of it and that we were moving. I think he was joking, but I wouldn't miss this if we left! -Kaelyn

Kara said...

We have three soccer games tomorrow. I wish they would just cancel them. Instead we have to venture out to see if they will cancel them. I'm just hoping the weather really does get nice like predicted for the middle of next week. It seems to be every other weekend.

Darla Davies said...

The picture outside our windows would look even more wintry! I noticed Friday when we visited you that you didn't have snow piled on your lawn. We did and still do! Dad and I just shook our heads everytime we looked outside yesterday and saw that it was snowing! Ridiculous! But, the sun is shining now . . . . :) YEAH!!