It started off with my parents on Monday--shopping, eating, and sleeping over at Grandma's house. Bonus: Doug's two-day business trip was cut in half, and he got home late that night!
Tuesday, Doug took me to a really nice, quiet restaurant for dinner. On the way home, we picked up my birthday cake: four different slices from the Cheesecake Factory! We brought it home to share with the girls, only to find that they had been baking me a surprise birthday cake (and cleaning up the house and taking care of each other) while we were gone! So sweet! So we had five different flavors of birthday cake to sample.
This morning, I woke up and smiled at the nice, firm mattress beneath me. Yep, I got a new mattress for my birthday! So far, so good. (Olivia slept well in it this morning, too! No crazy bedhead for her this time!)
Doug made breakfast--I requested oatmeal--and then I had a couple more bites of cheesecake to top it off!
After a few lazy hours at home, I took the oldest four girls with me and we all got pedicures. Don't look too closely--my paint job looks like one of my little girls might have done it--that's what you get at the local beauty school! :) It was really fun to do that with my girls, anyway.
And tomorrow, we're going somewhere warm and sunny to show off our cutesie tootsies at the pool!
Happy Birthday to me!
7 comments:
Hey...I seem to recall being there on Monday night to celebrate your bday along with Mom and Dad...where's the love?!
Happy Birthday! Sounds like all your people are taking good care of you. That's the best! Love the toes pic. So cute!
happy birthweek!
I'm so glad it's a week of celebrating for then I don't have to feel like it's belated birthday wishes. I hope the rest of your week went well and you had a great spring break as well as a fantastic birthday!
Sounds so relaxing and fun! Happy Birthday!
Happy be-lated birthday! I am glad you were able to have such a wonderful birthday! You deserve it!
Happy Belated Birthday! I'm glad to know we are both Aries!
Post a Comment