Sunday, April 17, 2011

Who's That Girl?

While we were warming up in St George, Doug took some of the girls to play laser tag at a local family arcade.  They played some other games and won over 400 prize tickets.  They redeemed the prize tickets for cheap jewelry, candy, and.....


a fake moustache and dark sunglasses for Lauren.  She then wore her new disguise when we went to Nielsen's to get frozen custard for dessert.  Doug prompted her while we were waiting in line, and once we got up to the counter, she drawled at the cashier, "Whaddya got on tap?"


This is how Katelyn has been disguising herself just about every weekend for the past few months:



as a flag bearer for her school's Color Guard.  We heard about this opportunity from a friend who joined last Spring, and thought it would be a good way for Kate to get involved with a school team.  She auditioned with no experience, made the team, ended up loving it, and we ended up with our jaws dropping to the floor the first time we watched the routine.  I had no idea Katelyn had that in her!  She is graceful and lovely to watch.  We're very proud of her.

5 comments:

Clark and Liesel said...

I love your girls!! I love the disguise Lauren won with her tickets! And I love that she was brave enough to say that to the cashier!! So funny! Way to go Katie! That is so neat to be able to do something like that. You look gorgeous!

Jen said...

Hahahaha. I love that Lulu. What a crackup. Thanks for posting!

Darla Davies said...

Gotta love those 5 girls and how unique and wonderful each of them are!!! We're proud to be their grandparents!!

Andrea said...

I love the 'stache and she can pull it off! They must keep you laughing...

Suzanne Larson said...

wow! I would not have recognized Katy. She is growing up SO fast.