Friday, January 15, 2010

Reboot

So far in 2010, this blog has been a bust!

I went back to see how my January mood was one year ago, and I reviewed my resolutions:

My New Year's Resolutions: 9 for '09

1. Never, ever move during the month of December again!
2. Cherish the sunshine.
3. Read more good books.
4. Learn new songs on the piano.
5. Bake more bread.
6. Learn how to use my new camera.
7. Get a screamin' deal on a new house.
8. Appreciate the good (and overlook the bad) parts of each day. (You may need to remind me of this one.)
9. Make new friends, and keep the old.


Here's my self-critique:

1. So far, so good.
2. Check.
3. Done. I particularly enjoyed the Hunger Games series and Half Broke Horses, as well as Uncle Tom's Cabin (an oldie but goodie).
4. This involved buying new music, which I did. Gotta love D.I., and lots of local music stores.
5. I did bake more bread, and I added a couple of new recipes to my "regulars."
6. Well, I still haven't read the instructions, or even watched the introductory DVD that came with the camera I got in '08. But Clark did give me a couple of good pointers.
7. Got a house. It wasn't as "new" as I expected, but we made it newer in several good ways. And the deal wasn't "screamin'", it was just "good", but I'm trying not to think about that.
8. Unfortunately, this is at the top of my list of resolutions for 2010. It will probably be at the top of my list for the rest of my life, as I fight that old demon, "PESSIMISM".
9. I tried. That's all I can say.

Here are my ten for '10:

1. Think positive thoughts.
2. Be sweet.
3. Teach my kids how to clean up after themselves.
4. Spend less time cleaning up after my children, and more time reading aloud.
5. Plan menus in advance.
6. Be encouraging.
7. Weed my garden.
8. Exercise regularly.
9. Resist the temptation of the clearance racks.
10. Go back to keeping a personal journal.

6 comments:

Emily Larson said...

fortunately, (or unfortunately) Doug will be waking you up every morning at 5:00 for yoga. check so far for exercize!

Laura Hyde said...

ugh. Your list is really impressive...I should make one.

Thanks so much for stopping by the other day! Notice or no notice, I am ALWAYS so happy to see you. It brings up a happiness clear back from my childhood - floods my mind with good memories, and makes me feel like a whole person who has lived a long good life. :)

Hope to see you again soon. Thanks for coming by to see us. My turn.

Andrea said...

Great resolutions. I haven't come up with any except "survive this year!" :)

Amy said...

I'm impressed by how many resolutions from 09' you accomplished! That's awesome. Good luck with this year's resolutions.

Jill said...

I can't believe how organized you are - keeping track of your resolutions (I can never remember mine by the end of the year, let alone by the end of January!) and other things, like posting pics of all your girls at the same age. You are old and young in all the right ways (old = wise, confident, accomplished, young = pretty, funny, funloving). I look up to you more and more the older I get.

jeannie said...

I think just by blogging that's keeping a journal right?
Great resolutions! Hope they work out for ya!