I've been getting the impression that many homemakers feel inspired in January to complicate their routine with extra work: clean and organize the closets, tackle new home improvement projects.
Me? No. I just get the urge to hibernate. I really would like to just sleep this winter off. Wake me when it's warm. Once I can open my windows and enjoy a breeze, then I will get the urge to scour and reorganize.
Exhibit A: We haven't even taken down our outdoor Christmas lights! (We don't illuminate them, we just leave them hanging, iced over.)
However, if I can keep going with the laundry and dishes, I'm feeling like that's good enough.
How do you feel these days?
4 comments:
We too have our outside lights still up. I cleaned/reorganized enough to put away Christmas decorations and items. Now I find I spend way to much time inside-reading and on the computer. We just got back from a doctor's appointment where he reminded us we should aim for a good hour of physical activity a day.... So I'm off to walk around my reminders for activity days since the sun is currently shining.
I'm with ya there. I'm hibernating until April this year, last year it was May so I'm getting better. A few more years here and maybe my family will get to eat in the winter. Their always telling me we have nothing to eat because I don't want to go to the store.
Um, I feel cold, unmotivated, blah...as usual. January is SOOOO long. Every summer when I'm feeling happy and motivated I just want to be out playing and I think, save the inside projects for the winter when there is NOTHING to do. Then winter comes and I have zero motivation. Well, that would be the same except Scott did have plans for the study so we did a little of that this month. I still have my part to finish which may or may not happen. Based on my motivation today...it won't happen. I am needing warmer temps and sun for sure! -Kaelyn
Well, I've just been "catching up" with your blogs. About the missing ipod . . . does spring cleaning come to mind? Btw, I don't like to put things (including ear buds) in my ears, either. Are we related?!
Post a Comment