Monday, January 4, 2010

A Near Miss and a New List

Just a couple of days ago, I was telling people with excitement how lucky we had been to not get sick at all during the holiday season. No one in our house had so much as a sniffle between Halloween and the New Year! That's my kind of grown-up Christmas list. "Please don't let anyone get sick!" Check.

Nearly.

I woke up on the first morning of the new year with a little sniffle. But nothing big. Then yesterday, towards the end of our new 1:00-4:00 church block (which I strongly do not favor! Only about 50 more weeks of that!), it was brought to my attention that Lauren wasn't feeling well. She slept the rest of the afternoon and evening away, and by the middle of the night, she was puking.

On the bright side: I don't have to send her back to school today. I was dreading that, anyhow.

On the dull side: I will be adding a couple more items (like wipe down all door handles and scour every bathroom) to my "To Do List" for today. And I was dreading that list, anyhow.

3 comments:

Gerb said...

Dang. I hope it's not one of those things that gets passed around from kid to kid to parents until everyone's had their turn.

Isn't the first day back to school after Christmas break lame? My kids were all ready a half hour before they had to go while I was dragging my feet.

I miss my kids while they're at school, that's all. And not just for the slave labor...

Andrea said...

No!!! I'm sorry the sickness is striking! Hang in there!

erikahaw said...

My friend just got back from Utah and brought that bug back as a souvineir. I am so sorry to hear that. Little Kate hasn't been doing too hot she had a febral seizure last night so we were in the ER. Good times. Those are the times in motherhood that I could do without.