It is chilly. Yesterday, when it was still September, it snowed. I don't want to talk about it.
Let's talk about just the good stuff.
Good thing #1: I haven't yet driven through the canyons to look closely at the fall colors, but from my front porch, the mountains look lovely in shades of red, orange, and yellow.
Good thing #2: We have two apple trees. One tree produced just a couple of red apples that fell to the ground. But the other tree was loaded with light green fruit. The branches were drooping with apples, so I picked some a few weeks ago and made dessert. They were hard and sour and I was disappointed to think that our only good apple tree was going to offer us sour apples. But recently I realized that I just hadn't given them enough time to ripen. When they're ripe, they're delicious! And now, they're all ripe. So I've been harvesting apples this week, and looking forward to making applesauce. It's easy, quick, yummy to eat, and, as a bonus, my house smells so great!
This morning as the little ones ate their breakfast, I ran some apples through my nifty peeler/corer/slicer, and threw them in the crock pot. Hannah claimed I was making "Slinky Sauce." That girl is still funny.
Let's talk about just the good stuff.
Good thing #1: I haven't yet driven through the canyons to look closely at the fall colors, but from my front porch, the mountains look lovely in shades of red, orange, and yellow.
Good thing #2: We have two apple trees. One tree produced just a couple of red apples that fell to the ground. But the other tree was loaded with light green fruit. The branches were drooping with apples, so I picked some a few weeks ago and made dessert. They were hard and sour and I was disappointed to think that our only good apple tree was going to offer us sour apples. But recently I realized that I just hadn't given them enough time to ripen. When they're ripe, they're delicious! And now, they're all ripe. So I've been harvesting apples this week, and looking forward to making applesauce. It's easy, quick, yummy to eat, and, as a bonus, my house smells so great!
This morning as the little ones ate their breakfast, I ran some apples through my nifty peeler/corer/slicer, and threw them in the crock pot. Hannah claimed I was making "Slinky Sauce." That girl is still funny.
Speaking of the little ones (they count as "good stuff" to talk about), this is how Olivia usually wears her hair:
It makes her walk around with her chin up in the air, peeking out from under her growing bangs. Believe me, I try to keep her hair out of her eyes, but I guess barrettes bother her more than bangs in the face.
Good thing #3: Halloween is coming, and I love putting together costumes for my girls! I've been hunting and gathering costumes and accessories, and I'm excited for the big dress-up day! (Um, hello...candy is another good thing.)
10 comments:
Slinky Sauce?
That gives another
reason for the title
"Hilarious Hannah"
:)
It snowed there, really, like at your house? Yuck.
Homemade applesauce? Slinky Sauce? Yum.
And the best thing is that Claire wears her hair just like Olivia and does the same "bang walk." It totally cracks me up.
I love Olivia's look! Hair was one of my first comments of concern when we found out we were going to have a boy. Girls can go forever before they have to have a haircut. Not feeling confidant in my ability to cut hair my girls often go for a long time. Boys however are a different story. Nathan cried all the way through his first hair cut and that was sitting on my lap. He desperately needs another one and I'm dreading making the appointment. So for now I'm just ignoring the comments and looks I get. Kara
I LOVE Olivia's hair!
Hannah beans is getting so grown up!
Thanks for sharing the apples (and tomatoes) they were delicious. And I HATE that it snowed too. -Kaelyn
Poor Rebecca. At least it warmed up again at your house.
Calla's hair matches Olivia's. Calla just isn't as thick.
Oh, I love the fall in the NW!!
Your girls are so cute, Hannah's hair is light, it's adorable!
man! if you were here, you'd WISH it snowed! Let's trade! well..for a season=) Anyways, Hannahs' bangs are too funny! ava's bangs used to be long cus i was trying to grow them out so she could put them behind her ears, but good ol' grandma Ahuna threatened she would cut her bangs extra short if mommy dearest didn't do it soon. lol (but sooo serious about the trade and snow..i'm sweating and feeling humidugly as i'm typing at this very moment)=)
mmmm... sounds like I need to come visit.
Andy did get his mission call and in case you didn't see it already on facebook, I'll put it in my comment too. :)
He is called to serve in the Porto Alegres South mission in Brazil. He reports to the Brazilian MTC on January 27. I am so excited for him. It will be awesome, and he gets to come to my wedding! :) YAY!
Hope you are doing well. Oh and you should check out my blog there are pictrues!
Yesterday in class, we read this fun book called "J is for Jack-o-lantern"
Believe me- it is not as lame as it sounds! ;)
Post a Comment