The day she turned into a teenager, Katelyn's candle came in a "cake" of warm cinnamon rolls, early on a dark, snowy morning.
I had to get up a few hours earlier than I usually do today, but it was worth it. Thirteen years ago, I was awake all night, anticipating my baby's birth. So getting out of my bed a bit early this morning, after a nice comfy night of good sleep, was no big deal.
I hope I'm not going to jinx myself by saying so, but Katelyn has been such an easy daughter. I don't really like to think about how quickly her childhood is slipping away (18 - 13 = __), but for now, there's no sadness about my baby becoming a teen.
I love this girl!
8 comments:
Happy Birthday, Katelyn! We love you! -Kaelyn and family
She is a great kid/teenager... happy birthday, Katelyn!
What a beautiful girl you are Katie! Hope you had a great birthday! Way to be a teenager! :)
Hope she has a fantastic day! What a beautiful young woman.
We love you Katelyn! Happy Birthday!
I can't believe you're okay with her growing up. I'm a little upset just thinking about my own girls and reading this post. I hope she enjoys her day.
Happiest Birthday Wishes Beautiful Katelyn! We love you!
What a good and beautiful young woman she is! She brings so much joy to us all. Having her turn 13 is a real landmark for me too.
Post a Comment