Thursday, June 5, 2008

Look into your crystal ball...

I need to know the future. Specifically, I need to know the future of airline ticket prices. More specifically, I need to know if I should buy now, or wait. We're planning to fly to a family reunion in November. My most reliable airline source for cheap tickets is currently only booking through October. Other airlines are offering tickets in November at somewhat reasonable prices, but not what I'd call a "good deal". So here's my dilemma: I need to know if ticket prices will continue to go up and up, or if I can get the good deal I'm hoping for in the near future. If I wait for cheaper tickets, I may end up having to buy more expensive tickets when those cheaper prices never come along, and I'll be mad at myself for not buying decent tickets when I could have. If I buy tickets at a higher-than-I-want-to-pay price right now, I'll probably cry if a good deal becomes available next month (because I have to look...it's like a train wreck). But even if a good deal does come along, what if the dates I want to travel are not available at that price?

What would you do?

*6/8/08 Update:
Apparently very few of your crystal balls are functioning properly. With my anxiety mounting, we bought tickets this past weekend. And I feel much more calm now!

7 comments:

Gerb said...

If I were you? I'd start wondering if I could get a good deal on airline tickets to fly out and see WICKED at the Capitol Theatre in May/June of 2009. That's what I would do.

Anonymous said...

I wish I knew what to tell you. I am just glad we will see you. You could always drive :-)!
-Kaelyn

Anonymous said...

Drive.

Sara said...

Try farecast.com

Clark and Liesel said...

I TOTALLY hear you Rebecca! We are in the same boat you are! Southwest usually has good deals, but their tickets go so fast- especially the ones around the holiday. If you get any feed back from the crystal ball, please let us know. Our crystal ball currently is broken apparently....

simplysarah said...

I'd just get the tickets, remember it's just money and money is meant to be spent. It's totally worth whatever it costs to see me! ;)

Anonymous said...

I can't really help you because I think I have "decidophobia" (the fear of making decisions). But I wanted to thank you for the sweet comment you left on my blog. You are sooo kind but notice how Clay's arm is very conveniently covering my belly in the picture. You look beautiful though in your pictures-before Olivia and after.
-Amy