Monday, September 17, 2007

The Worst and The Best

Viral respiratory infections are the worst.
It started as an itchy throat, but I toughed it out. Then along came a dry cough. The next day, my nose started to drip. I'll stop there, but suffice it to say that every night since Thursday night, I have gone to bed thinking "Tomorrow I'll feel better." And then I feel worse the next day. It hasn't stopped me from normal life until today, when Doug made me take it easy.

He is the best.

He stayed home and let me sleep in and hang out in my pajamas all day. He got the girls off to school. He worked from home. He did laundry. And he made me a yummy lunch. Now he has taken all the girls to the park, and then he's bringing home a pizza for dinner. He is truly the best.

But as wonderful as he is, and as nice as my lazy day has been,
I really hope I'll feel better tomorrow.

1 comment:

Gerb said...

What a man, that Doug-l-o Larson!

I hate all the sickness that comes with change of seasons. We've got the sinus infection deal going through the family, only I've been lucky enough to avoid it so far.

As long as it doesn't hit the first week of October, I'm good.

Warmest get-better-soon wishes coming your way!